Banner

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Goodreads Review by Erika


by
5334867
's review
Jun 09, 12

4 of 5 stars false
bookshelves: 2012-releases, may-2012, four-stars, read-in-2012, reviewed, summer-reading-challenge, mythology
Recommended to Erika by: The author
Recommended for: Young Adults
Read from June 06 to 09, 2012

I received this book from the author in e-pub. format.

I'm so glad I read this book. It was unique and once I started reading it I couldn't stop.

Kasey is spending the
school year in Spain so that she can avoid her relationship with Teal, her ex-fiance. While in Spain Kasey meets Dion, an immortal with the ability to run extremely fast. It seems that Fate has brought them together because no matter what happens Kasey and Dion always find a way to make everything right between them.

So this book was good, really good. I don't think I normally read books like this because I've been trying to think of a similar book to this but so far I have yet to come up with another book.

The only reason this book didn't get five stars was for only two reasons. In the beginning of the book there is a lot of Spanish and I'm probably not the only person out there that doesn't understand Spanish. I chose to take French instead of Spanish so during the parts in the beginning when almost everyone was speaking Spanish I was kind of lost. But I didn't stay that way for long. After maybe a paragraph or two I could figure out what the person had said before so it wasn't all that bad. My other problem with the book was how Dion acted/talked. As I said before I loved all the characters but the way Dion spoke and acted was strange. I get that he's supposed to be really old because he's immortal but he didn't even try to sound like he was from this century. He was really formal and he sort of acted like a goody two-shoes. The only time he didn't was when he was fighting Sam and defending Kasey.

The good thing is that the good parts of the book far outweighed the parts that I didn't care for. I liked all the Kleon brothers, yes even the "evil" ones. And I really liked Kasey's brother Nolan even though I only got to know him through Kasey's
phone calls with him. And how could I forget the lovely family Kasey was staying with? I loved those characters too. I also really enjoyed the story. I really want to know how Kasey is related to Pandora and how the Kleon brothers are going to deal with Sam and James. I also liked how there wasn't really a love triangle and I sort of hope that it stays that way but I feel like there might be a love triangle between Kasey, Dion, and Teal.

Can't wait until the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment