Banner

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Another 5 Star review

Intriguing & Addictive!

Wow! What a fantastic start to a new series. Get ready for a fantastic Journey as Kasey discovers a whole new life/world beyond her wildest dreams in a country far away from her own home. I was intrigued by the story immediately as the author’s description of Kasey and her situation became visualized from the smooth writing. It was totally addicting and I could not put the book down, I had it read within 4 hours and only craved more in the end.

The characters were so real like and the connections between all of them were family oriented, passionate, and heart melting emotional. With a great mixture of Christianity (God & his first Children) and Greek Mythology (Greek God’s, Goddess, and Demigods) intertwined, it made for a very interesting story that I will never forget.

First off I love Mythology especially anything about Pandora’s Box (Jar) and as I read this great story the author held my interest and excitement of learning more about Pandora and her descendants. I also love the different take on how the God’s, Goddess, and demigods came about and how the Almighty God with his warrior angels ended the great war in the heavens.

The myth story on the 7 Men of the Cave came with some interesting characters making the story mysterious and exciting to learn more about them, they were not only handsome but they all had different talents and special abilities to go along with their immortality.

Here are just a few short quotes of their description and who they were:

“Max-Maximian can heal with his touch. Anthony-Antoninos, can speak with animals. John-Joannes sees the future and Martin-Martinianus sees the past or present”

“Sam-Sambatus my older brother can leave his body in spirit form and move around in a ghost like way. James-Jamblichos my younger brother can move objects with his mind. Me-Dionysius , I am fast,”

The story’s plot remained a mystery all through the book and I loved that about it. The romance between Kasey and Dion built up beautifully. I would have to say the heat level on this romance was mild, I would also say that the story’s romance could be based on a border line between Young Adult and Adult especially since Kasey’s character was 18 and the immortals were several centuries old. There were a couple of make out scenes but they were very tasteful, nothing naughty.

I found the story very humorous with the bantering between the 7 brothers and with Kasey. In the end, though I wanted a Happy Ever After and an ending climax to the mystery of the 7 Men of the Cave along with the relationship between Kasey and Pandora, I quickly accepted the cliff hanger knowing there will be a book 2 “Jar of Pandora” in the series and am totally Jones-ing until it comes out.

I highly recommend this book to all those who have an interest in romance with mythology and Christianity elements. You will truly be amazed at the author’s talented writing and storytelling. Marisette Burgess you have a new fan and I can’t wait to read more of your work.

Excellent read!

No comments:

Post a Comment